The mission of all governments, whether local, regional or (inter)national, is the same: to provide our community with an environmental and socio-economic structure that guarantees a high quality of life. Not only for us, but also for our children and grandchildren.
The PVC pipes industry not only emphasizes this goal but it deploys all its know-how to achieve this. The result: production methods and products that will contribute to the creation of a new age.
The advantages for Governments:
• PVC resin production complies with all legal requirements.
• PVC is produced from natural components (salt and oil or gas) and is recognized as a safe material.
• The production footprint is below the international benchmarks and still decreasing.
• PVC pipes are non-toxic and very well suited for drinking water supplies.
• Production emissions are not only strictly controlled by legislation but are also significantly below the required legal minimum.
• PVC pipes do not contain plasticisers.
• PVC pipes do not release chlorine gas in use.
• In-house PVC pipes are absolutely non injurious to the health of man or animal.
• PVC pipes are fire-retardant and will not burn unless forced to do so by a sustained fire source.
• Smoke from PVC pipes in a burning environment is not generally more toxic than other materials such as wood, furniture or textiles which might be involved in a building fire.
• PVC pipes have better fire-resistance compared to other thermo-plastics.
• Very suitable in renovation projects where fire safety is an issue.
• PVC pipes are cradle-to-grave or even cradle-to-cradle (off-cuts can be recycled).
• In tenders, PVC pipes offer competitive solutions where price and quality are concerned.
• All measurements and joints are according to EU, national or regional standards.
• Each EU-manufacturer makes high quality products according to these standards.
• By standardization pipes and joints from all manufacturers are interconnectable.
• Off-site fabrication – prefabrication is possible.
• Underground applications: a life span of at least a century.
• Inside building structures: a life span of at least 50 years – the normal design life of a building.
• Applications for water, sewerage, soil and waste, electro, gas.
• Excellent resistance against many chemicals and effluents, including acids, oils, fats and alcohols.
• Maximum strength using a minimum of material.
• Very maintenance-friendly.
• Easy and quick to install.
• Installation on temperatures below 5°C possible using impact modified PVC pipes.
• Shock- and pressure-proof.
• Resistant to earth movement or high pressure peaks: even earthquake resistant.
• PVC-U sewer pipes have 6 times fewer defective joints compared to traditional pipe materials.
• Decrease of transportation costs up to 50%.
• Densely populated areas: trenchless installation is possible.